22 Times Carrie Bradshaw Had It Right
I am struggling to put thoughts together, let alone words. There is a strange phase of life, I am discovering, between high school and the real world. A phase of my life where one thing has ended (The Carrie Diaries) and another has yet to begin (Sex and the City).
We saw her days at Castleberry High School, coping with the loss of her mother's death, traveling from the small Connecticut suburb and into the streets of NYC for a heart-racing internship where her heart truly belonged. Fast forward (or should I say rewind) to the glamour of Sex and the City, where Carrie has since established herself as a powerful female figure. Columnist, fashionista, independent woman… you get the point.
As I watch Carrie Bradshaw stroll through the streets of Manhattan in her stilettos, I wonder how she always has something to say. Always feeling something. Always writing something. So I am only left to wonder, in an inspiration drought, what would Carrie do?
To me, Carrie Bradshaw is a feminist powerhouse. No, she wasn't perfect. But she learned from her mistakes. She put her friends first, always. Knew the difference between the time to work and time to play. And you know what? She let herself buy the shoes. Because damn, did she work for it.
It's no wonder women around the world idolize Carrie Bradshaw.
I can only imagine that my icon, a fictional character I relate to so deeply, could have done but one thing when her life went flat. She sought inspiration from others.
I present to you, 22 times Carrie Bradshaw expressed how I was feeling before I even knew what I was feeling.
1. When you don’t know how you feel
2. When adulting is too hard
3. When you need to just let it go
4. When you need some perspective
5. When you experience loss
6. When you say the wrong thing
7. When adulting is still too hard
8. When you really need to give yourself some credit
9. When you need to listen to your friends
10. When you want to hate him, but you don’t
11. When you need to be alone
12. When you just don’t care
13. When you stalk too far
14. When you feel like the world is against you
15. When you should listen to your friends
16. When you get lost in the moment
17. When you realize you should stop apologizing
18. When…. fuck
19. When you establish yourself as an independent woman
20. When you need a reality check
21. When you really did that
22. When you find your tribe
Catch The Carrie Diaries on Netflix or all 6 seasons of Sex and The City with Amazon video to keep up with Carrie Bradshaw.
All the love,